Happy New Year. I am blogging again and have laid out 17 different blog posting which I will post twice a month, here on my Urban CHE Guy Blog at http://urbancheguy.wordpress.com/ If I keep on track this will take us with a different blog every two weeks through September 2014.
This is a series of blogs which will start with a couple of core values that are behind what we do in Neighborhood Transformation which I realize I have posted before. Then we will begin a series of blogs on different elements in a Neighborhood Transformation program in a neighborhood and how to go about implementing Neighborhood Transformation in your neighborhood.
The Topics Will Include:
- Blog 1 Introduction to Series on Getting Started
- Blog 2 What is Wholistic Mission
- Blog 3 What is Transformation
- Blog 4 What is Poverty
- Blog 5 Why a City
- Blog 6 Urban Poor Neighborhood
- Blog 7 Learning about Suburbs
- Blog 8 Observations About Urban Churches and Why they should Minister in their Neighborhood
- Blog 9 How an Urban Church can Get Started
- Blog 10 Knowing Your Neighbor
- Blog 11 How to Know Your Neighbor
- Blog12 Prayer Walking
- Blog 13 How to Gather Information in Your Neighborhood
- Blog 14 Drawing a Map of Your Neighborhood
- Blog 15 Using the Information
- Blog 16 Identifying and Using Assets
- Blog 17 Focusing on the Elementary School as Way to Draw People Together
In reality this will introduce you to topics we cover in a Weekend Training of Trainers BUT without the group interaction which is very important.
We hope to see three results from these Blogs:
- You register to receive this blog automatically
- As you read each blog you Ask yourself the Question, How does this apply in what I am doing in my ministry. Once you think of a way to apply the idea or example you put it into action
- You actually chose a neighborhood where you live or you church is located and begin applying what you are learning in real life.
Neighborhood Transformation has people around the USA that can help you get started by holding a weekend Training of Trainers, Thursday and Friday nights 6 to 9 PM and all day Saturday. This is a 13 hour series. They are also available to visit you to answer specific questions based on your situation and to mentor you as you begin to start Neighborhood Transformation in your place.
I can be reached at email@example.com and our Collaborative for Neighborhood Webpage can be found at www.neighborhoodtransformation.net